Construction, Planning and Environment
“Members of Civitas Law are instructed in a range of planning and construction matters, including pollution cases, planning enforcement, and listed building work.” The Legal 500 2019
Members of Civitas Law have expertise across the whole spectrum of work concerning development projects and their impact. They advise and represent developers, public authorities and affected third parties on issues ranging from household extensions to major highway and infrastructure schemes.
The range of work includes initial advice, assistance with regulatory control and legal constraints, help with applications, representation at hearings and inquiries and court appearance on legal challenges. Specialist court work is widely undertaken.
Specific examples include all aspects of planning permission and enforcement, Highway Act consents, compulsory purchase and EIA work, as well as building disputes, including mediation and dispute resolution.
Individual members are on the Welsh Government and Attorney General’s Regional Panel.
- Construction disputes – litigation; arbitration; adjudication; mediation; med-arb
- Judicial Reviews
- Planning advice and public inquiries
- Construction contract advice
- Professional negligence claims
- Planning enforcement and quasi-criminal proceedings
- Party wall applications
- Construction Claim management
- Environmental Health prosecutions
- Administrative and Public
- Clinical Negligence
- Company, Commercial and Insolvency
- Construction, Planning and Environment
- Immigration, Asylum and Nationality
- Inquests and Inquiries
- Personal Injury
- Police Law
- Professional Discipline
- Property and Land
- Regulatory, Health and Safety and Licensing
- Sports Law
- Wills, Trusts and Probate